Craig Nierman helps individuals and families with insurance and injury claims, including bad faith, wrongful death, car and motorcycle collisions, nursing home abuse, and workers compensation. He serves nationally as an expert witness on insurance matters in state and federal courts and teaches at conferences for attorneys on how to help people get justice from insurance corporations.
Mr. Nierman has taught Insurance Law at the law schools at the University of Iowa and Handong Global University in South Korea and is a contributing author to a college pre-law textbook. Prior to law school, he worked in claims for a Fortune 100 insurance company.
Mr. Nierman is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Iowa and has represented clients in jury trials, non-jury trials, evidentiary hearings, administrative proceedings, health insurance coverage arbitration, and mediation sessions. He is a current or former member of the following:
- American Association for Justice (Bad Faith Litigation Group; Insurance and Motor Vehicle Sections)
- American Bar Association (Tort, Trial, and Insurance Practice Section)
- Dean Mason Ladd American Inn of Court (Master)
- Iowa Association for Justice (Workers’ Compensation Section)
- Iowa State Bar Association (Professionalism and Bar Insurance Committees; Health Law and Litigation Sections)
He graduated from the University of Iowa, College of Law with High Distinction and was named to the Order of the Coif. During law school, he was a Law Merit Scholar and completed some graduate work at the University of Iowa, College of Business. He earned his undergraduate degree in Political Science from the University of California, Davis.
Craig was born in central Illinois and has lived in the Iowa City – Coralville area for over two decades. He has been married to his high school sweetheart for more than twenty-five years; they have two adult children.